Friday, September 6, 2013

Hello TCS NMY!


Dear TCS Community,

I am thrilled to be joining the Nelson Middle Years team as a new math/science teacher. I fell in love with the campus the instant I saw it and felt so welcomed when I had the opportunity to meet some students and teachers last school year. I also had the chance to observe a Friday community meeting and am so happy to be joining such a supportive and obviously caring community of learners.

For the past seven years, I have worked as the lead middle school math teacher at The Child’s Primary School. I earned my Masters of Math Education from San Diego State University in 2010. I love working with students to learn how they are thinking about a problem, and helping to guide them to reach the next level of understanding through discussion and problem solving. I have also spent the past three years working in staff development to support fellow teachers in gaining a better understanding of student thinking and growth in mathematics. I have a keen interest in STEM education and the ways it can support students’ real-world understanding and interest in math and science. I look forward to finding ways to incorporate projects that combine science, technology, engineering, and math in my classes this year.

Outside of school, I love to travel, scuba dive, and relax at the beach. I am originally from Cincinnati, where my family still lives. I was married this summer at The Berkeley Ferry downtown. My husband and I have a dog, Piper, who lives with us in Mission Hills. I look forward to meeting my new students and their families and learning more about all of you this year! 


Sincerely,

Diana Quincannon

No comments:

Post a Comment